After screening the animation project, I realized that the new technique I tried were very effective. I wish I had allowed them to take more time on the screen. I especially enjoyed the salt and idia ink, and I look forward to experimenting with more techniques. I do wish that I had used less sharpie on the water element. The oil/ink portion turned out to be very cool and I would have preferred to have seen more of that and less of the sharpie. I also wish the tinted finger-nail polish had been bolder. I think the solution to that is as simple as a few more drops of ink. This class is really opening me up to another world of film making. I have seen many films that use the techniques we have dabbed around with thus far, but were unsure how to achieve the look I had envisioned.
So my dog ate my homework...
How cliché! It has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I had already completed the original hand drawn animation project, and there were definitely needed improvements. But, as you know, it was drawn in sharpie so corrections are virtually impossible. However, not to worry because my dog ate my homework, so I get to make those corrections.
I am morphing a star into a polka dot. In the first endeavor, I attempted to (free hand) gradually move the image from one side of the screen to the other, and back again. This go round, I am going to draw a grid to insure the move noticeable. Hopefully it will work.