Friday, January 19, 2007

first impressions

There is an interesting dynamic that comes with taking one’s first experimental ‘production’ class the last semester of your undergraduate experience. Although I have studied experimental film making to partake in the process is a completely different experience. I feel out of my element but I am looking forward to all of the project that incorporates old mediums (where my comfort lies) with new techniques. I had quite a few friends take the class last semester and I have seen a bit of last semester’s final product and I am really excited to be able to add a whole other dimension to my real. I really liked the film painting and scratching projects and seeing them all pieced together with a soundtrack was intense to say the least.

I have been playing with the ‘practice’ doughnut and I would really like to see it projected. It is hard to know what the projected image will be. I tried writing on the film over a spread of frames, but when I showed Adam he said that you would have to stretch the word over hundreds of frames, which make sense (24 frames per sec/ allow 5-10 sec to allow your dialog to develop).

No comments: